Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa's on his way...and I'm still raking leaves???


Hey everyone! I decided it was time to get rid of the Thanksgiving theme page and move on to the Christmas-ier one! Time sure is flying by....Dennis and I got out this morning and he picked up enough sticks to build his very own wickiup. I, on the other hand, spent the hour raking that same darn pile of leaves from the front of the house that keeps reappearing everytime the wind blows!!!! Hopefully, this is the LAST time I have to get that rake out. My pond was frozen over about a quarter of an inch and I decided to remove my netting - again - so the sun could shine on it. My heater from last season is refusing to heat. They last about one winter and that's about it. boo hiss While I was taking the netting off, however, I noticed what looked like a small dark fish about two inches long. I asked Dennis, "Is that a fish??!" He said , "No, that just a piece of mulch that fell in." "Well," I said, "that piece of mulch is starting to swim around!!" Just when I have decided to get rid of my fish, they start multiplying. I am surprised one survived since big fish usually gobble up the babies. This one must have a super stealth mode built in and managed to escape not only big, hungry fish but my netting as well. I have scooped out more leaves and acorns off the bottom and he never got caught! I am just worn out with the maintenance and the wall that is holding it on one side is not looking too happy. There are going to be some major renovations this summer, I'm afraid. Don't know how yet but we'll figure something out.
The deer are still coming every evening to eat cafeteria leftovers. Haven't seen the foxes the past few days but the possum is pretty regular. Cleo thinks that he is about the ugliest feline she's ever seen......Filled up my NEW, replacement bird feeder off the deck this morning . The other one got destroyed during the big wind storm so I had to get another. Half an hour later this one crashed to the ground. The squirrels use them as pinatas. I think I even saw one with a stick in his paw and twinkle in his eye. I used duct tape to stick it back together and a stiffer hanger to hang it with. Hopefully, that will do the trick! Nasty squirrels!
Kids at school (and teachers) are sooo looking forward to Christmas break. The year has flown by and I am getting used to my cart. Not fond of running all over the place to get my supplies and every classroom is a different temperature, but it's a paycheck and the kids are good, most of the time! Looking forward to getting my new student teacher on January 11. Boy, will she get a good workout! After that, everything will seem easy to her though.
Gotta' run! 'til next time! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment