Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It just gets more compicated.......

Went to Cheddar's for our anniversary dinner last night and had their Honey BBQ Ribs. These things were TOOOO good. I could have eaten a whole plate of them! Dennis got the grilled salmon and all was extremely affordable to boot!
On the vacation front: discovered that it is a good idea to do the rental car before you get to Fuji. This means I will have to call Japan (who knows what that'll cost!) and make sure I am calling at the correct time. I think if you add one hour to our time and make it the opposite AM or PM, you will get it right for Japan time. So they open at 8:00 am which should be 7:00 p.m. here in good ol Kenova. I will also have to check the train schedules so I will know the time to pick it up and drop it off. Provided we don't miss a connecting train and get lost wandering the streets of some small Japanese community, getting laughed at by small Japanese children.....I am praying some kind English speaking Japanese individual will be working at the Kawaguchiko Toyota rental company tomorrow. (Yes, it's already tomorrow there. I wonder if I would look older to them if they could see me.......hmmm......deep thought......)
Received our Japan Rail Pass requests in the mail yesterday. Not quite sure what all that writing on them says but I hope it gets us from point A to point B without too much confusion. I have a feeling we'll be doing alot of apologetic smiling while there......It should certainly be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment