Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ohhhh nooooo! It's almost over!.......


Yes, vacation is almost over and you can hear the sounds of crying and moaning all over the place...and the kids probably aren't too happy either! I have enjoyed the break so much and did get lots of rest, which was good. Would have liked to see more snow, of course, but maybe we're saving the big snows for snow days! Yay! I have also been able to get out and run/walk during the day instead of working all day then racing outside before it gets pitch dark. I even went out this afternoon! You wouldn't think you could actually sweat as cold as it is but you can! I had on Under Armour tights and shirt, extra tights, fleece shirt, windbreaker, hat, mittens and a TurtleFur over my mouth and had to unzip my jacket and take off my gloves because I got tooo hot! I did my usual road route but the neighbors' black Lab was out and it looked to be a "nipper". Its' sole purpose in life is to bark at me. I heard it before I could even SEE it. It barked the whole time I walked past it and kept barking even when I was a half a mile away!! It wagged it's tail but then growled and barked. So which end do you believe?! Anyway, I was not going to give it the satisfaction of going back past it and I cut through the woods. That meant a HUGE hill climb but they say you need to amp up your workout sometimes to burn more calories. All those people who are in an exercise rut...just work in a big black Lab who acts like someone took its last bit of kibble and you'll get your workout kicked up a notch! hahahaha Dang dog.......Anyway, Dennis and I did get out earlier. He had to try out his new skateboard and I took pic's of him going down the old airport road. He had fun doing that a couple of times, until he got too cold. Then we went to the grocery store and I picked up a couple of staples. You know, bread and Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies. After a stop by Wendy's for lunch, we came home and then I went on my little run for about 45 minutes. Now I am kickin' back and watching a football game, counting down my last hours of freedom. Til next time!
Stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment