Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Walking down the street in Morro Bay. Nice little town!


The BMW Z4 that Dennis wanted to drive. It's very pretty..................




Dennis and his hero, Jack Smith with Jack's wife in the background...




One of the prettier sights we saw heading back to the hotel.........


This was actually light traffic compared to some of what we experienced!



Man, what a day we've had! Left Carmel and headed for the lovely city of Los Angeles, which I had the feeling there could be problems. The drive was going to be a long one so we headed of at 8:00am. Dennis wanted to stop by Morro Bay and see Jack Smith, famous old skateboarder he friended on FaceBook and that was a good visit. Dennis was excited to meet him and see his house on the bay and he even got to ride one of his boards down the sidewalk. We had the most delicious fish and chips for lunch and continued on our way to LA. We drove and drove and drove some more. Garmin is my new best friend. I will probably sit up in bed in my sleep and start reciting directions tonight. I have spent hours doing that during this trip which is OK but it's still a challenge and you can't just sit and relax and enjoy the drive. I can find anything on the Garmin system you throw at me now! SO .....We find the hotel Sheraton by Universal Studios and race in to drop off our luggage, run back to the car to drop it off by 5pm at Hertz. I looked on Garmin and got the return location. Took it and dropped it off, thinking life was great. We had to pick up our next rental at 7pm. Went to get a cab and off we went. We kept driving and driving and the cab driver was old and from India, I think. The ride was approaching one hour and we were sweating the cost and the fact there was no AC! One hour and 85 dollars later we finally got to the rental place at exactly 7!!! We couldn't figure out why we went so far! I am usually better at planning than that! Turns out, we had returned our car to the wrong airport, not LAX!! The rental companies were both at LAX!!! I could have died. Anyway, I was so tired from being in the gridlocked traffic for hours on end, I didn't care and my brain went on autopilot. We got the BMW and Dennis was happy so off we went again. We got back to the hotel at 8pm. That was about 10 hours of driving today. The traffic in LA is a nightmare but we expected it. Now I am really looking forward to getting some sleep! Hopefully, tomorrow will go a bit more smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment