Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back to the grind...........

We've been home two days and are still feelin' pretty tired! Seems like the jet lag is worse once you're home than when you arrive at your vacation spot! Dennis said it's because you have all those exciting things to do on vacation, you don't think about it. (You mean doing laundry, mowing grass, and cleaning house aren't exciting??! And all this time.......;-) Anyway, my next thing to do is get my "vacation scrapbook" together. It usually takes about 1 day a page. I love being able to go back and look at my past trips because you forget so much over the years. When I am old and gray (with blonde highlights) and sitting in the nursing home, I will be reliving my glory days, I guess, via my scrapbooks! Or who knows, Dennis and I might still be seein' the world in our scooter chairs. Rolling past the pyramids of Egypt and honking at the camels to get out of our way. haha
I just got in from picking some blackberries from my neighbors Sue and Ed. "Thanks, Sue and Ed!" Must have been a super year for those things 'cause I have never seen sooo many. Lots of thorns too! And no, we will not be eating them over rice. I cooked tilapia this evening and thought it would be really great, but Dennis and I need to omit fish from our diet for awhile. Like 8 years should do it.........no more fish or rice for awhile. I wouldn't make a very good Japanese person. I would be mail ordering the whole line of Little Debbie Snacks and investing heavily in Frito Lay as well. hahahaha Fellow Japanese people would be sniffing my breath and drooling.......
Oh well. Looks like Lee Ann's next big adventure will be her colonoscopy. Dr. Turner has been after me to get one forever. I guess with a history of Crohn's Disease it's a good idea and I want to get that monkey off my back and shut him up! It is scheduled for the 21st and with all the questions I have had to answer (the nurse called me today from St.Mary's), it looks like like they may be either performing open heart surgery or removing a lung!!! Do I have a living will, does my religion prohibit blood transfusions, did I have chicken pox, do I cry at sad movies...OK, not the last one but just about as crazy. So I will be in for good times this coming weekend and Monday. More on that later! Woo hoo......
Oh, and my Jeep is having serious issues. Seems the radiator became possessed while we were gone and spewed its contents, causing it to overheat, AGAIN! We bought another radiator last night and Dennis is going to tear into it this evening. Perhaps sprinkling a little holy water would also be a good course of action. Hopefully, the rest of the motor survived without any major damage. Time will tell.........'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment