Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday in the park......



Dennis and I started the day going for a mountain bike ride at Barboursville Park. I wasn't real keen on the idea at first, knowing how previous rides usually involved steep, rock and root filled paths that promised to break your leg before you were done, but this one was actually pretty enjoyable. It ran parallel to the river there by the park and had just enough challenges to keep it interesting but didn't make you feel like you needed a medic along for the ride. Then it started to pour the rain. We just kept on going, getting enough shelter from the leaves overhead that we didn't get completely soaked. My backside did sport a nice brown stripe up the back though before we were finished. CUTE!

After that, we stopped by Taco Bell then headed home to shower and rest. Dennis then decided he should return the bicycle he took from his nephews about a couple weeks ago. The bike had a flat tire and needed some TLC and he thought it would be good to get it going again. I told him he should take it back or they were going to think he was like the Grinch taking the Christmas tree. "There's a bulb on the tree that won't light up, dear Cindy Lou".....hahaha We stopped for some marshmallows on the way home and roasted them on our little campfire in the side yard. Yumm. I also took a short hike in the woods with Cookie to see what the trails were like. Cookie loves to go hiking with me. Always on the lookout for something to chase. However, this time out, Cookie, a short dog, could only be tracked by the movement of the tall weeds ahead of me! I turned around and headed back home, much to her relief ! Hikes in the woods will have to wait til Fall, I'm afraid. It was great to be able to put work worries behind me and just enjoy being outside! 'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment